Terms and Conditions for Purchase of Products
1. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a product. After placing an order, you will receive an invoice from us. This will confirm your payment through our website/request payment. You will then receive a confirmation email once payment has been received.
1.1. If you notice an error in the invoice you must notify us at least 7 days before the order is due to be collected or delivered. For orders placed with less than 7 days’ notice, you must notify us of the error within 24 hours. For wedding cakes, you must notify us by your second consultation.
1.2. If you wish to cancel your order for any reason, you must notify us 7 or more days before the order is due to be collected or delivered in order to receive a refund minus your non-refundable 50% deposit. For orders cancelled with less than 7 days’ notice, no refund will be issued.
1.3. If you wish to add to or change your order, then we will accommodate you, subject to kitchen space being available to permit us to make your products, provided that you notify us by 5pm 7 days before your order is due to be collected or delivered.
1.4. Work will not be started on your order until payment in full for the Products ordered has been received by us, at which time a legally binding agreement on the terms set out herein will become effective.
1.5. Full payment for all orders – except wedding cakes – is due 7 days before the collection or delivery date, a 50% non-refundable deposit must be paid to secure the order and part-payments can be made up until this time, we will send you an invoice for each part-payment. Orders taken with 7 or less days fulfilment time will not be entitled to a refund for cancellations (section 1.2), this does not affect your statutory rights.
1.6. Full payment for wedding cakes is due 30 days before the collection or delivery date and part-payments can be made up until this time, we will send you an invoice for each part-payment. Orders taken with 7 or less days fulfilment time will not be entitled to a refund (section 1.2), this does not affect your statutory rights.
Price and Payment
2. Our prices exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due before completion of your order. Delivery costs for London are a flat rate of £20.
2.1. Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you an invoice.
2.2. Payment for all products must be by credit or debit card (via the website), or invoice payment link. We will always confirm receipt of payment.
2.3. We DO NOT accept cash upon delivery or collection of our products under any circumstances.
2.4. If payment has not been received in line with our payment schedule (section 1.5) we reserve the right to cancel your order and are not obligated to notify you of this.
Availability, Delivery and Collection
3. The products ordered by you can only be delivered to the delivery address you have provided, or collected by you or your courier/agent from our collection address, within the agreed time-slot. If you wish to change the delivery address or organise delivery where you were originally collecting; please notify us at least 24 hours before your order is due so that if need be, the altered delivery payment can be taken.
Risk and Title
4. The products will be at your risk from the time you or your courier/agent collect the products from us, or we deliver them to you, with the exception that if a product is damaged during delivery by Sweet Jordana Bakery, we will make all efforts to repair the damage.
4.1. Ownership of the products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due for them, including delivery charges.
5. We do hope that you will be pleased with your purchase. However, if upon collection or delivery of the products you find that they are not those ordered by you (for example, the colour or wording is incorrect), or the order is incomplete, please notify us immediately. If a product is not as is stated on the invoice, we will credit or refund your purchase either partially or in full once items are inspected. In the case of damaged goods delivered by Sweet Jordana Bakery, where we cannot repair the damage (section 4) we will refund the the full order amount including delivery charge. We will have no liability to you for any indirect loss.
5.1. Since taste is a very personal matter and subjective, we cannot accept the return of any products merely because you do not like the taste.
Our Right to vary these Terms and Conditions
6. We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time, for example, to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system's capabilities.
6.1. You will be subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these Terms and Conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these Terms and Conditions before we send you the invoice (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the Terms and Conditions).
7. Under no circumstances shall we be liable to you in respect of any complaint concerning any aspect of any product which is not raised by you within 24 hours of delivery by us, or collection by you or your courier/agent.
7.1. We will notify you of any product containing an allergen and please refer to our Allergen & Hygiene section for a full list. However, since our kitchen does handle these ingredients, we cannot guarantee that traces will not be found in our products and therefore we do not accept any liability for any damage to health or any distress caused to you by the consumption of such products